Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 1



So found a competition I think is worth doing. Its called Unknown places being held by It's Art.
http://www.itsartmag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=3418
When I saw this challenge, it got me thinking about being a kid, since as a kid almost everything is an unknown place.
One particular unknown place that always fascinated me as a kid was secret passages. The idea that there could be hidden rooms and hallways behind the walls was so alluring. I remember dreaming of all the things that you could find in these secret rooms, good and bad.
One particular dream, I still remember rather vividly, I found, in my attic, a cryptic tunnel that lead to a massive chamber where the vampires lived and ate. I watched from high up in the the arches of the chamber, in awe and horror, as they brought their victims, one by one, to the altar and bled them dry.

So for my image I really wanted to do something that the major elements are in complete contrast of each other.
Very modern, warm, clean, alive and safe library with a very old, dirty, cold, dead and scary passage way.

Going to try for photo real, but with only a month to complete it, its going to be tight.

Story-

-One day 8 year old Adam was in the library, as he sometimes was, and he saw a book up on the high shelf that looked intriguing. So he looked around cautiously and seeing that no one was around he climbed up the shelf to get the book. As he stepped in the first shelf , he stumbled a bit and knocked a book out, but he kept climbing.

He reached the book he was after and tried to pull it out but it only came half way out and wouldn't come any further. Yanking on it, in an effort to free it, Adam lost his footing and fell dislodging several other books on the way down.

One of those book was the final trigger that released a latch on the passage way. Several screeching clanks are heard and then the whole book case moves outward slightly.
Seeing the book case and hearing the noise certainly peaked Adam's interest. Looking around one last time to see no one around, he began to pull the book case open...

No comments:

Post a Comment