Wednesday, January 6, 2010







So here is what I have been working on over the holidays. Not the most exciting subject, and not very game-ish, but certainly challenging since there are so many fine curves and intricate edges.

This started out as just the sink and toilet that I did for a home builder. Since I have been working toward offering models for sell, and wanted to include these, I thought it would be nice if I offered a complete bathroom set.
I want to offer the entire set including mental ray setup and materials as well as some of the individual items and sets. These models are intended to be used as proxies for Vis professionals, so I will be spending a lot of time making sure I get the final product and the delivery as perfect as possible.

I used my own house bathroom as the template. Since we are looking to remodel it in the near future it was the perfect fit. The whole thing is built to scale with 1 unit = 1 inch.
So this whole thing serves several purposes.

At this stage I am pretty much done with modeling. Most of it is modeled in max with the finer details, like the mirror frame and claw feet on the tub, are done in Zbrush. Need to sculpt some details on the door knobs since we have beautiful antique copper door knobs. I will finish that later today.

I only applied basic colors to each of the pieces just so it would make it easier to do the shaders and materials later.
I intend to do a nice photo real renderings with mental ray. Although I am fairly newbish with mental ray still, so this will be more of a learning experience. Perhaps, a little intimated by mental ray still, but the best way to learn is to jump in with both feet.
I am going to tackle lighting next. I want to do a shot with interior lights on and a mid afternoon shot with the sun streaming through the frosted window. So going to spend some time working to get that right first.

No comments:

Post a Comment