Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 7


Well, time to start the hardest part of the image. This is just a base mesh that I will begin sculpting on to get the final form. Got to layout uvs first, so I don't have to come back and do it later. For those that don't know UVs are how the program tells the textures where it goes and how it is oriented. This can be a pretty tedious job for characters and such because you have to unfold and flatten every polygon face and then stitch them all back together. Doing this will allow me to paint directly on the mesh once I am done sculpting in all the details.

After sculpting, and painting I will have to pose him. This is new territory for me. Hoping I can pose him in zbrush using the transpose options. Have seen plenty of models posed in zbrush, but the controls are a bit odd., but should be lots easier then building a full rig for him in max.

No comments:

Post a Comment